[TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
Notification No. 2/2019-Customs (CVD)
New Delhi, the 30th August, 2019
G.S.R. (E). -Whereas, in the matter of “Saccharin in all its forms” (hereinafter referred to as the subject goods) falling under tariff item 2925 11 00 of the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975) (hereinafter referred to as the Customs Tariff Act), originating in or exported from, People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as the subject countries), and imported into India, the Designated Authority in its final findings, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part I, Section 1, vide notification No. 6/18/2018-DGAD, dated the 19th June, 2019, has come to the conclusion that:-
- (a) the product under consideration has been exported to India from subject countries at subsidized value, thus resulting in subsidization of the product;
- (b) the domestic industry has suffered material injury due to subsidization of the product under consideration; and
- (c) the material injury has been caused by the subsidized imports of the subject goods originating in or exported from the subject country.
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (6) of section 9 of the Customs Tariff Act, read with rules 20 and 22 of the Customs Tariff (Identification, Assessment and Collection of Countervailing Duty on Subsidized Articles and for Determination of Injury) Rules, 1995, the Central Government, after considering the aforesaid final findings of the Designated Authority, hereby imposes definitive Countervailing Duty on the subject goods, the description of which is specified in column (3) of the Table below, falling under tariff item of the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act as specified in the corresponding entry in column (2), originating in and exported from the countries as specified in the corresponding entry in column (4), produced by the producers as specified in the corresponding entry in column (5), and imported into India, countervailing duty of an amount as specified in the corresponding entry in column (6) of the said Table, namely:-
|Sr No||Tariff Item||Description of goods||Country of Origin/Export||Producer||Duty amount as % of CIF value|
|1.||2925 11 00||Saccharin in all its forms||China||Any||20|
2. The countervailing duty imposed under this notification shall be levied for a period of five years (unless revoked, superseded or amended earlier) from the date of publication of this notification in the Official Gazette and shall be payable in Indian currency.
Explanation: – For the purposes of this notification,
- (1) “CIF value” means the assessable value as determined under section 14 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962). [